Last Updated on by
We aquaristsdo love our pets. But do we know what is best for them? When it comes to the aquarium, the perfect LED lighting system makes a lot of difference. Choosing the perfect one can be difficult. There are just so many varieties of lighting systems out there. For choosing the best one, you have to know a little bit about them. Firstly you have to consider the size of your aquarium along with the types of plants in it. Then you have to choose from the various colors and intensity that best suits your pets. Oh! And don’t forget the budget.
- Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED, Controller:
These LEDs are one of the best so far. The best feature of this aquarium LED is that it is entirelyautomated comes with a remote control. It has the ability to sense the temperature of the aquarium. It can also find out the plant’s growth. Wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t have to worry about these things? This unique lighting system will monitor these on its own and can be in automated mode to save you from the worries.
You will also be able to customize the features according to your aquarium. It can be customized from dim lighting to bright one. There are four colors available; White,green, blue and red. As they have a decent price, it can be one of your best options.
- Has a LED temperature of 7000k which is perfect for the plants.
- Has a remote control feature.
- Automated; hands-free feature.
- Moonlighting for nighttime viewing
- looks slick on top of the aquarium.
- Price in buying range; not more than 100$.
- Makes hum noise on some spectrums.
- Remote may have issues.
- Lights are not made for custom size aquarium. They are compatible with standard sizes.
- Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights, Cliplight:
These Led lights are made for the big aquariums. The LED bulbs are angled at 120 degrees, which cover almost any big sized aquarium. The slick and slim look is a plus point too. It can last up to forty thousand hours of continuous lighting. It also has a circuit board built with aluminum that helps in cooling the light bulbs for a long lasting life.
The intensity of the light is a bit dim as it runs on low power. They are merely designed to help in marine growth. The fixture has an evenly spaced bulb arrangement which helpsto boost the growth of plants. There are varieties of color spectrum to choose from. A unique feature called moonlight makes the perfect lighting system for your aquarium at night. This feature has a separate switch for turning on. However, it’s a bit expensive than most of the aquarium lights.
- 48 “LEDs are uni-body, ultra slim.
- Daylight and Moonlight
- A variety of color to choose from.
- Compatible with thebig sized aquarium.
- Durable LED bulbs.
- Uses very low power; 35.6 watts. Light intensity is low.
- Medium priced. About 159.65$. A bit of a budget killer.
- Moonlight feature is useful for looks only. Not best suited for marine growth.
- VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control 165W LED Aquarium Light Dimmable Full Spectrum for Coral Reef Grow Fish Tank:
VIPARSPECTRA comes with a full spectrum lighting system. They have a unique design that is best suited for the growth of theaqua plant and coral reefs. The colored light bulbs are in a criss-cross design within the white ones. They claim that this unique feature helps to boost the growth of the reef corals. It also makes them vibrant.
A different light wave of the lighting system makes it suitable for coral reef aquariums. The light bulbs are programmable. It has a unique built in timer feature that lets you customize the bulbs. You can customize the color, intensity and not worry about later. It will automatically change as you program it.
- Timers system for controlling two channels.
- Remote control feature.
- Single power code.
- Full-color spectrum to help the corals.
- Has a ninety-degree lens that can penetrate deep into thewater.
- Hanging kit is adjustable.
- Sunrise, sunset, and moonlight cannot be programmed.
- Can’t use as daisy chained.
- Limited mode setting.
- Price is a bit high; about $149.00.
- KOVAL 156 LED Aquarium Light with Extendable Brackets:
KOVAL has brought a different type of lighting system. The fixture of these are narrower and longer than most of the lighting systems. This kind of design allows it to fit on any form of aquarium. They also come with extendable brackets so that it works with any size of aquarium.
They have a very powerful light effect which covers most of the aquarium. The LED light bulbs used in it are low energy bulbs though they are highly efficient. It saves quite a bit of your money.
The fixture has a full colored spectrum light that goes with any kind of aqua plants, coral reefs, and fish. Though they have only three modes: all color lights on mode, only blue LEDs on mode and all LEDs off mode. All LEDs on modesomewhat act as daylight mode, and Blue LEDs mode acts as moonlight mood.
- Full spectrum LEDs with five
- Extendable bracket.
- Very high-quality Lasts up to 50,000 hours.
- Low energy saves cost.
- Low cost; about $74.95.
- Have only three modes.
- Doesn’t have timer system.
- Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Light Plus Pro for Aquarium:
Current USA is therenowned brand for LED lighting system. They brought a full spectrum fixture for freshwater aquariums. With stunning color rendition and their light penetration property, they are the best choice for aquarium lighting. They have a controllable light function which makes it easier to customize. The LEDs can maintain a temperature of 6500k which helps the planted aquarium.
They are integrated with a twenty-four-hour timer system which ensures a sunrise and sunset mode. There are also other lighting effects like thunderstorm, lighting, cloud, moonlight, etc. The six dynamic lighting features help to ensure these results. The customized lighting pattern can even be stored in the memory. Though they are a bit pricy but if you are looking for the best freshwater lighting system, then I would recommend this one.
- It has a huge array of functionality
- The brand is well known.
- Lighting is bright. Best for planted aquarium.
- Long lasting LEDs.
- LEDs cover almost all the parts of theaquarium.
- Has a LED Temperature of 6500k which helps in growing aqua plants.
- Is a bit expensive; about $170.95.
- Most of the effects might be only for show.
- Doesn’t have hanging mounts.
Some of you may think lighting system is not necessary for your precious aquarium. But it is one of the essential parts of the aquarium.
Present days LED aquarium has a lot to offers than earlier days. All the designs and technologies are used to create the best environment for the marine life. There are many different kinds of lights out there for you. Every aquarium lighting system has aunique feature. It’s up to you to choose the right one.